Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14 2014.

A picture is worth a thousand words.  Especially when 999 of them are AAAAAAAAHHHH!

Almost 4 inches of snow overnight!
Wet, heavy snow. Beautiful, really...but not in April.
It's just surreal. 

Strange.

UNBELIEVABLE.

It's the week before Easterrrrrrrrr.


Spring vs. Winter.
I almost packed away our snow boots over the weekend.  

I hung the snow shovels in the garage, to make room for my new rake (with the padded handle.) 

When I woke up this morning and glanced out the window, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I quickly told Harry what I had seen.  He was SO excited to get out from under his covers to see the snow that he got tangled and fell out of bed onto the wooden floor with a big thump.

He quickly recovered and pressed his nose to the window.

"Wow, Mommy. It snowed!" he announced.

"Yes, I see that, Harry." I replied, feeling a little delirious from the sight.

And it wasn't just a "sprinkling," it was a full-on snow, almost 4 inches.


Snow covered...everything.
It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow and 55 degrees by Wednesday, but there's a little snowflake symbol on Friday.

Seriously?

My weather App also shows that it's 46 degrees in Dallas, TX, and 79 degrees in Rochester, NY?

Seems there is a great deal of "weather confusion" out there.

I hope things resolve, just a little, before the weekend.  We have a big Easter egg hunt scheduled for Sunday morning and more yard work for the day before.

Harry wants to shovel snow when he gets home from school.

Perhaps we'll build another snowman, too. 

It IS that kind of snow, heavy and wet. Great for packing.

I suppose one last taste of winter isn't so bad...after all.


Before heading to school...









No comments:

Post a Comment