Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25, 2014

Last night, just a little while after sunset, we got a phone call from my brother-in-law. "Take a look outside," he instructed. I went to the front room picture window, pushed aside the curtains and looked out into the night. All that was visible was a bright spot where the barnyard light should be. It was as close to a white out as we have been in all winter. And it was snowing wildly.

Of course Mom had already warned of dark, snowy, storm clouds when she had returned from outside just minutes before. She was taking down the bird feeders (and putting them in the garage) so that the raccoons wouldn't feast all through the night leaving little to eat for the early morning birds.

This morning, it's sunshine and blue skies...with almost 2 inches of new snow on the ground.

Where I raked. Where I didn't.
(See March 21st post.)
Harry, shoveling the driveway.
View from "the office."
Seems Harry and I will be covered under Wisconsin-sponsored healthcare by the March 31st Federal Affordable Care deadline after all. I spoke with a very reasonable representative from the Capital Consortium and she agreed that just because some day, at some point in the future, I might not be a resident of Wisconsin, that I was, indeed, a resident now and (due to my current unemployment situation) would qualify for low cost or no cost healthcare for Harry and me.

Resolution. Love it!

Tomorrow, I'll be doing some research and preparation for my interview next week (the second video chat with more people and for a longer time - an hour). I really want to be prepared to WOW them, all 5 or 6 of them, in this video chat. 

I think this position shows real promise and could be a very good place for me to use the skills that I have acquired over my 29-plus years in visual journalism. It's a small team, but a good, strong, creative team and a very respected organization. I think that I would contribute a great deal, feel fulfilled professionally and even be happy there.

I'm really hoping this is THE one.

But, if it isn't...let's face it, I have to be practical.

I'm waiting for responses from other online applications that I've made over the last few weeks. I've gotten official confirmation...an auto reply, but hope that at least one of those four other position postings results in a second step.

More waiting.  Not my favorite thing.

To pass the time today, I'm back going through old boxes, sorting through and separating the prized possessions and memorabilia from the just junk.

It's garbage day tomorrow and it feels good to purge.



No comments:

Post a Comment